Print this Page

About Us

The original school in this area was built in 1882 and named Fulton Hill School, but 1914, the school was renamed Montrose to reflect the area. The area was named by Thomas Farrand in memory of his friend and fellow church elder John Hunter whose home in Scotland was called Montrose Heights.In 1925, the current Montrose Elementary School building was constructed and opened. Montrose Elementary is located in the Varina District.

Permanent link to this article: https://montrose.henricoschools.us/about-us/